Our Cowie Family, united by Marriage with the Maud Family, when Vandome Henry Cowie, married Elizabeth Ann Maud, between Apr-Jun 1864 in Hackney, London.
The Maud Family tree
William Maud was born 25 Jan 1743, and died 1-12-1795 in Abercarne, Mynyddislwyn, Monmouthshire. William Maud married Jane Morgan on 15th Feb. 1774 in Trevethin, Pontypool, Monmouthshire. Jane Morgan Maud was born 15th jan 1746 and died 10 Jun 1815 in (Trosnant) Trevethin, Monmouthshire.
More details re William Maud. He was buried 4-12-1795, Trevethin Church, Pontypool, Monmouthshire. His Last Will is dated 9-11-1795. William Maud gentleman, Abercarne Iron Works.
Children of William and Jane Morgan Maud
(1) Mary Maud born abt. Jan. 1775; died Mar 1775 at Trevethin. Buried 8-3-1775 Trevethin.
(2) William Morgan Maud born 19th Sept 1776 at Abercarne. Died Wapping, Middlesex, London
(3) Jane Maud born 25 Feb 1778 at Abercarne. Died March 1803 at Trevethin.
(4) Joshua Glover Maud born 2 Sep 1779 at Abercarne.
(5) Samuel Maud born 31 Dec 1781 at Abercarne.
(6) James Morgan Maud born 24 Aug 1783 at Abercarne.
(7) Susannah Maria Maud born 20 Aug 1785 at Abercarne. Married Edward Harris Phillips 3 Mar 1812 at Trevethin. Edward Harris Phillips born abt 1789, died Feb 1873, Trosnant Villa, Lanbridge, Bath. Both Susannah and Edward Phillips are buried in Trevethin Church, Pontypoll, Monmouthshire. Susannah was buried 1 Oct 1863.
(8) Phillis Glover Maud born 22 Feb 1787 at Abercarne. Phillis married Daniel Rees, 22 July 1823 at Trevethin, Pontypool.
(9) John William Maud born 17 Aug 1788 at Abercarne.
(10) Mary Maud born 23 May 1792 at Abercarne.
Generation 2 to be shortly continued,
The Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser (NSW : 1803-1842) Sunday 4 March 1804, page 1
Deserted from His Majesty’s Ship Calcutta ….. JOSHUA GLOVER MAUDE, Able Seaman
aged Twenty years, 5 feet 7 inches and
a half high, yellow Complexion, light brown
Hair (cropped), a Native of Monmouth in
He was apprehended in May the same year and returned on the Lady Boelyn
Good Morning Dear Robert,
Great to hear from you again and welcome aboard.
Thanks so very kindly for your lovely Familytree of the Glover Family. Well Done!
Looking forward to cont. re Samuel Glover.
Mary Cowie Dawson